||Methi, Jyoti, Chandrika, Mantha
|| Venthium, Kairavi, Vallari, Uluva,
2. Parts used:
3. Properties and Action According to Indigenous
- Rasa: Mathura.
- Vipaka: Katu.
- The major use of fenugreek is in curry powders, figuring
in many mixtures, especially vindaloo and the hot curries
of Sri Lanka.
- It is an ingredient of Panch phoron, the Indian five-spice
- It helps in the process of digestion.
- Good remedy for diabetes.
- Balances insulin.
- It also lowers blood pressure.
- It eases stomach trouble.
- Aphrodisiac in nature.
5. Names due to Physical properties:
- Sookshamapatra: The plant with small leaves.
6. Names due to Medical properties:
Vasthu guna deepika, Vasthu guna prakashika, Chakradatta,
If you think that any information given on this page is not complete, please
do not hesitate to let us know. If you are from the press or a practitioner
or scientist - or if you just need more information or a high resolution photo,
you are more than welcome to write us an email